Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Day 2




Today was the second day of the Bombing Boys Club. After M-boy and Bradenator arrived, we made hand grenades out of baking soda and vinegar. We wrapped some baking soda in a paper towel and poured 3/4 cup of vinegar into a sandwich bag. We shook them together and dropped them and the ground. KABOOM! Bradenator, M-boy and I all thought it was really exciting and cool. We learned that mixing baking soda and vinegar creates a gas which is powerful enough to burst a plastic bag.



 Following that activity, we headed off to Fraserview Park to run the obstacle course that we couldn't complete yesterday. On the full obstacle course, Bradenator got the shortest time. On the half  obstacle course, I got the shortest time. M- boy was so close to beating my time but he just fell ( literally) short of touching the finish line, which was a ball at the end of the playground structure.



When we got home, we finished our game of Cribbage. In the end, Bradenator won,  even though M-boy and I would catch up to him once in a while. We started another game and Bradenator is already in the lead. I have a feeling that he's becoming a card shark! Lastly, we had Kraft Dinner for lunch. I added ketchup and pepper to mine, Bradenator added pepper to his, and M-boy sprinkled salt on his. After, it was time for Bradenator and M-boy to go. I really enjoyed Day 2 of the Bombing Boys Club, and judging by what I saw, I think everyone else did too.


Mr. Timbit   

No comments:

Post a Comment